Is It Right for You?
You're a good candidate for the collaborative divorce process if you'd like to:
- Reduce stress and animosity rather than nurture bad feelings
- Promote effective communication between partners rather than play the "blame game"
- Retain decision-making control rather than having strangers decide your fate
- Achieve results reflective of everyone's needs rather than winning at all costs
- Provide a healthy co-parenting relationship that meets the children's needs rather than having children caught in the middle
- Invest in the future rather than waste money in litigation arguing about the past
- Protect privacy rather than revealing intimate matters in the public record
- Improve the odds for long-term cooperation--making agreements that will be kept rather than broken
- Preserve the positive aspects of relationships rather than denying or destroying them
- Accomplish this life transition in a civil and respectful manner