Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
Collaborative Practice (the newer approach to family law) differs from litigation, pre-trial settlement, and even divorce mediation. It involves a Collaborative team approach in which three types of professionals join forces—without reliance on threats, demands, or the court—to support a couple through the divorce process and toward a new post-divorce relationship and way of life. Attorneys, mental health professionals, and financial professionals---attend and learn the important, yet subtle ways in which each of their roles in a Collaborative divorce differs from their more traditional roles. Join us in learning about this dynamic, empowering, and effective model of practice.
Trainers - Experienced and knowledgeable CLII Fellows will serve as trainers for and all have been thoroughly trained to instruct in Collaborative Practice and all have extensive professional experience in Collaborative specific to Illinois:
- Anna Bush, JD, Bush & Heise Attorneys at Law, Barrington
- Bill Keffer, CFP, CDFA, ChFC, CLU, MBA, Wheaton
- Jeff Kostis, CDFA, CFP, CPA/PFS, Vernon Hills
- Anne Chestney Mudd, JD, Law Office of Anne Chestney Mudd, Western Springs
- Gail Petrich, JD, PsyD, Dr. Gail Petrich, LLC, Chicago
- Kathryn Somers, JD, DiGiacomo & Somers, LLC, Northfield
- Jason Sposeep, JD, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, LLP, Chicago
- Sasha Von Varga, LCSW, Collaborators, Inc., Northfield
- Beth Wilner, PhD, Families In Transition, Inc., Skokie
- Margaret Zuleger, JD, Law Offices of Margaret A. Zuleger, Arlington Heights
Continuing Education: IL Attorneys - 12 hours of MCLE Credit (6 of which can be designated as Professionalism hours) is pending approval. Mental Health Professional CEU Credits -Application has been submitted to co-sponsor, Margaret S. Powers and Associates, and is pending approval for all Licensed Mental Health Providers.
Course Materials: Will be distributed electronically the day before the program.
CLII Fellow Training Requirement: This program will meet one of the requirements to become a CLII Fellow. For more information on training and membership requirements, click here or call 312-882-8000.
Cancellations: All cancellations must be sent to CLII in writing. Cancellations received by September 7, 2017 will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after September 7, 2017 will receive NO refund or credit.