Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
Collaborative Practice (the newer approach to family law) differs from litigation, pre-trial settlement, and even divorce mediation. It involves a Collaborative team approach in which three types of professionals join forces—without reliance on threats, demands, or the court—to support a couple through the divorce process and toward a new post-divorce relationship and way of life. Attorneys, mental health professionals, and financial professionals---attend and learn the important, yet subtle ways in which each of their roles in a Collaborative divorce differs from their more traditional roles. Join us in learning about this dynamic, empowering, and effective model of practice.
Experienced and knowledgeable CLII Fellows will serve as trainers for this program. The CLII Fellow Faculty has been thoroughly trained to instruct in Collaborative Practice and all have extensive professional experience in CP specific to Illinois. The faculty includes:
CLII would like to thank Family Law Software and Our Family Wizard for being a sponsor of this training.
- Anna Bush, JD, Bush & Heise Attorneys at Law, Barrington
- Bill Keffer, CFP, CDFA, ChFC, CLU, MBA, Wheaton
- Jeff Kostis, CDFA, CFP, CPA/PFS, Vernon Hills
- Anne Chestney Mudd, JD, Law Office of Anne Chestney Mudd, Western Springs
- Gail Petrich, JD, PsyD, Dr. Gail Petrich, LLC, Chicago
- Kathryn Somers, JD, DiGiacomo & Somers, LLC, Northfield
- Jason Sposeep, JD, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, LLP, Chicago
- Sasha Von Varga, LCSW, Collaborators, Inc., Northfield
- Margaret Zuleger, JD, Law Offices of Margaret A. Zuleger, Arlington Heights
Continuing Education: IL Attorneys - 12 hours of MCLE Credit (6 of which can be designated as Professionalism hours) has been approved. Mental Health Professional CEU Credits - Co-sponsor Margaret S. Powers and Associates has approved 12 hours of CEU credits for all Licensed Mental Health Providers.
Course Materials: Will be distributed electronically the day before the program.
CLII Fellow Training Requirement: This program will meet one of the requirements to become a CLII Fellow. For more information on training and membership requirements, please go to www.CollabLawIL.org or call 312-882-8000.
Cancellations: All cancellations must be sent to CLII in writing. Cancellations received by September 9th will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after September 9th will receive NO refund or credit.